On the search for how to try some Masumoto nectarines or peaches? Here’s some information to start. If you happen to be in or near the Bay Area, our fruit is available via Berkeley Bowl, Good Eggs, Bi-Rite Market, Bi-Rite Creamery (yes, as ice cream!!!) and many other fine food establishments:
May – June 2016 — Masumotos featured in PBS nation-wide broadcast of documentary film and Rodale’s Organic Life magazine cover story!
“Changing Season: On the Masumoto Family Farm”
We are thrilled beyond measure to celebrate family farming and be part of this documentary that follows our family for a year. It was a year of work, growth, transition, and surprise. We are honored by this opportunity to lift up our stories and hope they inspire many viewers.
See the full documentary on the PBS website (here) through July 4, 2016.
Debut aired: April 28th, 2016 on Valley PBS (KVPT) followed by a special program “Changing Season: A Conversation” that can be seen here http://video.valleypbs.org/video/2365731701/
Airings of the documentary will be shown in PBS across the country in May-June. Here is a sample of some of the latest schedules of upcoming airings, but please cross reference the details with YOUR local PBS station.
- Los Angeles, KLCS, May 31, at 8 pm
- Oklahoma City/Tulsa, KCED and KETA, June 1, 10 am and 10 pm and June 5, 5 am and 7 am
- Indianapolis/Bloomington, WTIU, June 2, 10 pm, and June 3, 1 pm
- Fresno/Visalia, KVPT, June 12 10:30 am and 5:30 pm, and June 14, 7 pm
- Lubbock, TX, KTTZ, June 13, 9:00 pm, and June 19, 4:30 pm
- Nashville, TN, WNPT, June 22, 9 am
Some of the previous airings included:
- Sacramento, CA, KVIE, May 2 and 8, 10 pm
- Seattle, Tacoma and Spokane, WA, May 2 and 8
- Honolulu, HI, May 5 and 8
- Philadelphia, PA, May 6, 20, 21 and 25
- Minneapolis and Bemidji, MN, May 7, 8 and 20
- South Bend, IN, May 7
- Marquette, MI, May 7
- Milwaukee, WI, May 8 and May 20
- Indianapolis, IN, May 8
- Washington, DC, May 8, 20 and 21
- San Francisco and San Jose, CA, May 8 and 12
- Los Angeles, CA, May 8 and 20
- Cleveland and Akron, OH, May 9
- Columbus, OH, May 10
- Tucson, AZ, May 11 and 25
- Boston, MA, May 14, 20 and 25
- Albuquerque and Santa Fe, NM, May 14 and 21
- Kansas City, MO, May 15
- Syracuse, NY, May 16
- Los Angeles and San Bernardino, CA, May 18 and 23
- Salt Lake City, UT, May 20 and 25
- Chicago, IL, May 20 and 21
- Dallas, TX, May 20 and 21
- Nashville, TN, May 20 and 21
- St. Louis, MO, May 20 and 21
- Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, May 20 and 21
- New York City, Buffalo and Albany, NY, May 20, 21 and 25
- Orlando, Jacksonville and Ft. Meyers, FL, May 20, 21 and 25
- Georgia, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia, May 20 and 21
- Vermont, Maine, Alaska, Utah, May 20 and 21
- Phoenix, AZ, May 25
- Atlanta, GA, May 25
- Flint, Traverse City, Saginaw, Alpena, MI, May 28
Here’s a review of the documentary in Nikkei View.
Thrilled to be part of love-themed May/June 2016 issue of Rodale’s Organic Life magazine!
What We Do
We grow stories. On the Masumoto Family Farm we cultivate Certified Organic peaches, nectarines, and grapes (for raisins). We do our best to sustainably farm our 80 acres south of Fresno and share our harvests through food, writing, and art. We love what we do.
We are certified by California Certified Organic Farms. Read more about how we define our work.
Who We Are
The first acres of the Masumoto Family Farm were purchased in 1948 by Takashi “Joe” Masumoto. With family labor and a stubborn resilience, the Masumotos enriched the soil and planted roots. The farm is now 80 acres of Certified Organic land, producing peaches, nectarines, and grapes for raisins each year. Read more about who we are . . .
Receive Our Seasonal Newsletter
To receive our Seasonal Newsletter, sign-up for the Masumoto Peach Corps! We’re sharing our work in essays and updates, completing the circle of farmers, artists, and eaters.