In 2014 we were inspired by the “Ugly Fruit” movement in Europe, and we created a new program we call “Organic, Ugly & Fabulous!” or “O, U Fab!” This is both Masumoto Family Farm’s local connection for fruit & our effort to radicalize how we view the aesthetic value of food. Move over narrow definitions of beauty, “O, U Fab!” is about the whole-body experience of eating and loving “ugly” and “imperfect” fruit.
Testimony from a pleased ugly fruit supporter:
“My belly is happy.”
“Best nectarines I ever tasted!”
Generally how it works:
- Fill out the form below to be part of our “OUFab Club” (membership is free)
- Once you’re in our club, you’ll receive an e-mail announcement 24 or 48 hours before a sale, pick up times are typically weeknights between 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, but ONLY on designated days
- When a sale is announced, we’ll send an online form to reserve your box (typically one box is 9-10 pounds and $25)
- On the day of pick-up, we’ll send you a map to our farm (about 20 min. south of Fresno)
- You’ll come at the specified date and time to pick-up & pay for your lovely fruit & enjoy! (We accept cash or credit as forms of payment, and hopefully lots of smiles will be exchanged too!)
Want to be part of our “OUFab” Club? Join us!