This short film series features three striking documentaries — JEEPNEY, Tashi’s Turbine, and Changing Season: On the Masumoto Family Farm. The films give glimpses into the joys and struggles of daily working lives. Asia Society is excited to welcome David “Mas” Masumoto, subject of Changing Season, to visit with guests to talk about his experiences as a third-generation farmer, his writings, and more after the screenings.
- Modern & historic agriculture equipment on display in front of the Museum
- Film screenings of Farmland, Changing Season: On the Masumoto Family Farm, and archival food history films
- Special curator-led exhibition tours
- Hands-on learning activities
- Rarely exhibited Museum objects on display
- Cooking demonstrations from Chefs Nathan Anda, Warren Brown, Jim Dodge, NeftaliDuran, Pati Jinich, and many more
- Victory Garden tours and activities from Smithsonian Gardens